Monday, February 21, 2011

Symbolic Self Portrait

These are self portraits that don't include me in them but rather an object representing me. In my photographic design class we have been studying symbolism and were challenged to come up with two pictures; I came up with three. =)


Most would say this entertainment stand has no place in the street regardless of the fact that it is indeed there. I, and most people, have been told and been expected to be a certain way because of who I am. I'm told that based on who and what I am what my religious views should be, what my political views should be, how I should act and what I should do. I say bull crap; I am able to be more than a stereotype and I refuse to be.

This is a profound idea of a picture. It symbolizes my love for photography, it symbolizes my willingness to make my life on display unashamed, and of course the egg is symbolic of me often separating myself from others. Not that I'm any type of leader but that I'd rather take care of myself and draw strength from myself.
The camera is symbolic of me as well as demonstrating the role of photography in my life. It is showing me observing and enjoying art and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment