Sunday, October 30, 2011

Self-Portraits

So I have a self-portrait assignment in my portraiture class. She recomended that we take a picture of ourselves every day. I haven't BUT I have been taking picture from time-to-time instead of waiting until last minute to take all six that are due!

I will add, doing self-portraits are a lot of work! If I look tired and sweaty in any of them, it's because I am! Having to model and photograph at the same time calls for a lot of ups and downs and running to get in position to beat the timer.... Maybe it would have been easier to paint...

Here are some that I have finished so far, I'll keep on posting more as I get them.




3 comments:

  1. Why can't you use a remote? Would be easier than racing against that timer!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ones of you sitting try to relax your eyes and forhead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did realize that I had a wired remote about 3/4 of the way through my recent shoot which did make it much easier! I did take advantage, though, of my preview screen to make sure that I had a nice crisp focus on my face and my lights were doing what I wanted, which required trips back and forth, but only half as often haha.

    I have a couple pictures where I have more of a serious expression and I'm looking away from the camera that I'll be posting soon. I find that if I'm looking at the camera I look goofy if I relax my forehead lol.

    ReplyDelete