Monday, March 7, 2011

Color Study

Color is an interesting concept. In America, when we think of white, we think of purity, weddings, or heaven. However, if you're from an eastern culture, you'd think of funerals, death, and mourning. In eastern culture, brides wear red and in Ireland the color green symbolizes their entire country. This being said, we all agree that color plays a huge role in our society. From our traffic system to our emergency system and even in our love lives.
I shot two colors, green and yellow, being instructed to make them correlate with the entire theme of the photo.

First, I randomly (drew out of a hat) selected the color yellow to shoot. In our culture, yellow means hazard, coward, or excitement. I chose to shoot excitement.

Next I decided to shoot the color green, which in western culture represents spring, nature, money, envy, or greed. I shot with the theme of money/greed in mind.


1 comment: